[This is a temporary web site for the Exploratory Data Analysis group, to be later replaced by the site hosted by the University of Helsinki.]
News: Seminar course Data Science for Natural Sciences (Spring 2019)
The Exploratory Data Analysis group at the Department of Computer Science at University of Helsinki is lead by Prof. Kai Puolamäki. We study and develop algorithmic and probabilistic methods of artificial intelligence that help humans to understand large heterogenous data sources and make analytic data-based decisions.
People and contact information
- Kai Puolamäki, Associate Professor, Vice Director of the Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT, group leader (contact)
- Emilia Oikarinen, Postdoctoral Researcher (contact)
- Andreas Henelius, Postdoctoral Researcher (contact)
- Martha Zaidan, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Computer Science and INAR (contact)
- Anton Björklund, Research Assistant
- Rafael Savvides, Research Assistant
Ongoing research projects
- Human-guided data analysis, Academy Project LT (2015-2019)
- Structure from randomization, Academy Project ICT2023 (2018-2019)
- Interactive Artificial Intelligence for Driving R&D, Technology Industries of Finland Centennial Foundation (2019-2021)
We are at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Helsinki. We are part of the Institute for Atmospheric and Earth System Research (INAR), Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence and Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT.