[This is a temporary web site for the Explorative Data Analysis group, to be later replaced by the site hosted by the University of Helsinki.]
The Explorative Data Analysis group at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Helsinki is lead by Prof. Kai Puolamäki. Our research interests include, broadly speaking, the methods of data analysis and artificial intelligence to understand heterogeneous data sources and to make analytics data-based decisions. Our methodological focus is on randomization methods and constrained randomization.
People and contact information
- Kai Puolamäki, Associate Professor, group leader (contact)
- Emilia Oikarinen, Postdoctoral Researcher (contact)
- Andreas Henelius, Postdoctoral Researcher (contact)
- Martha Zaidan, Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Computer Science and INAR (contact)
- Anton Björklund, Research Assistant
- Rafael Savvides, Research Assistant
Ongoing research projects
- Human-guided data analysis, Academy Project LT (2015-2019)
- Structure from randomization, Academy Project ICT2023 (2018-2019)
We are at the Department of Computer Science of the University of Helsinki. We are part of the Institute for Atmospheric and Earth System Research (INAR), Finnish Center for Artificial Intelligence and Helsinki Institute for Information Technology HIIT.